It seems like some people glaze over when I tell them my story. I sometimes think I'm boring them and/or think I'm boasting or lying... I don't know. Even more complicated to the "where I'm from story" is also the number of different kinds of jobs I have done thus far.
So here's a bulletproof summary:
- Singapore to Indonesia to Singapore to Los Angeles to New York City to Singapore to Switzerland to Belgium to Switzerland to Singapore/London
- Multicultural heritage and culture family background with family scattered around the world
- Attended private International and American Schools for K-12
- Pitzer/Pomona ->UCLA
- Performed as a contemporary dancer for various dance choreographers and dance companies in LA then New York City
- Formed a dance collective
- Founded a dance company
- Performed, Choreographed, Directed productions and did some touring to festivals all over the New York area, Toronto, Washington DC, Edinburgh, Singapore, LA, etc.
- Taught dance all over the world at studios, community centres, public schools, private schools, etc.
- Speaker at 3 Families in Global Transitions conferences in Houston, Washington DC (twice)
- Recipient of a grant by a private foundation (3x) for my productions of Chameleon and Habitat
- Worked in nonprofit management (grant writing, Public relations, digital marketing, design, photography/videography, booking agent), telemarketing, retail sales, make up artistry, events, fine dining service, front desk for a hotel gym, lifestyle blogging, TV/Film extra, weddings, street team marketing for a yoga studio, and of course teaching dance - just to name a few - sometimes juggling 3-5 jobs
- Postgraduate in Hospitality Management from Les Roches
- and now... I'm a full-time social media intern for Carlson Rezidor group