Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Meet the dancer: Heather Wigmore



real name ? Heather
nickname ? Wigs, Wig-a-more, Headuh

LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED? My uncle bought me (and my brother and sister-in-law) a Christmas tree for our apartment.

ONE FAVORITE SONG? "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan

FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY? One of my mathematically/statistically-inclined (i.e., nerdy) friends -- Ariella, Nicole, or Zenker -- because they would appreciate the absurdity of actually winning the lottery.

WHERE'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE TO EAT WITH FRIENDS? The mold-infested, family-run dumpling joint in the alleyway next to my old apartment in Shanghai.

MOST DISLIKED FOOD? Regular flavor potato chips. What's the point?

CAN YOU SING? Not even close. But Karaoke is for the talented and talentless alike.

THING YOU NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT? My Droid phone. My arms are evolving into robot arms like in the Droid commercials. And a notebook and pen so I can obsessively make To Do lists.

FAVORITE VACATION SPOT? Guatemala.

If I wasn't a dancer.... I would want to be a visual artist who makes awesome sculptures and installations.

Celebrity Crush... David Duchovny (specifically, in Californication)

What countries have you visited? A lot. But where I want to go to next: the salt flats in Bolivia, and Laos.

How many languages do you speak? Four: English, Chinese, Spanish, and double talk (circa 7th grade; think Gibberish, but cooler)

Where have you lived? New York City, Singapore, St. Louis, Shanghai

Favorite Food(s)? Beets, spinach, and pumpkin. And dumplings.

Favorite Dancer/Choreographer/Company? Pina Bausch

No comments:

Post a Comment