Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Third culture kid identity: Just breathe


Breathing heavy and short. My heart and mind races a mile a minute because I've gotten ahead of myself again. So many tasks...
Friends, family, colleagues around the world will be so disappointed or upset with me. 
Stop. 
Breathe.
Its not the end of the world.

TCKs and non-TCKs feel the pressure as we get more connected online, isolated physically, and disconnected with what is in front of them. 

Zen.

Lagom. 

Its been a whirlwind summer of working really hard on my cookbook that I forget how much it is affecting me and those I hold so dear. I'm sorry... 

Outside/Inside. Looking through that window glass. 

Running. Do you stop to smell the flowers? 

Hold me dear tenderly - for I know not what I'm saying because I'm exhausted. 

Stop. Pause. Breathe. 

One day, we will all laugh how absurd. 

Its not the end of the world. 
This world needs more empathy, tolerance, love, human connection, touch, space, kindness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment