Sunday, August 28, 2016
The Best Books for Third Culture Kids
I've attended Families in Global Transitions conferences in 2010, 2011, and 2012. One of my favorite activities at the conference besides meeting amazing people like Ruth Van Reken, Jo Parfitt, Tina Quick, Apple Gidley, Julia Lee Simons, Killian Kröll, Eva Lazslo-Herbert, Lois Bushong, Becky Grappo, Isabelle Min, Alice Wu, Cheilaugh Garvey, Margie Ulsh, Mary Wertsch, Craig Toedtman, John Liang, Noel Roberts, and more! I like to check out the bookstore.
Here's my list of best books for Third Culture Kids:
1) Third Culture Kids, Growing up Among worlds by David C. Pollock & Ruth Van Reken
2) The Global Nomads Guide to University Transition by Tina Quick
3) Sammy's Next Move: Sammy the snail is a traveling snail who lives in different cultures by Helen Maffini
4) Unrooted Childhoods: Memoirs of Growing up Global by Faith Eidse and Nina Sichel
5) The Mission of Detective Mike: Moving Abroad by Simone T. Costa Eriksson and Ana Serra
6) Home keeps Moving by Heidi Sand-Hart
7) Letters Never Sent by Ruth Van Reken
8) The Global Soul by Pico Iyer
9) Cross Cultural Connections by Duane Elmer
10) Sunshine Soup Nourishing the Global Soul by Jo Parfitt
11) The Art of Coming Home by Craig Storti
This is just a short list (for now) of books that I found helpful. I still have quite a number of books that I have yet to read on my Kindle and storage.